Monday, July 25, 2005

more and more blisters

I didn't realize how much the 20 miler would wipe me out, but it did. I had to take an entire week off. Instead of training in full swing afterwards, I slacked off a little bit and missed a maintenance run.

This past weekend when we ran our 8 mile short, I totally paid the price for it! I had a terrible short run. Maybe it was the heat. In my heart of hearts I know that it was because I didn't train properly. We're down to the wire and each day I feel like I'm training all over again. It's like there's something new I need to tend to each time I'm out there running. Have I been training wrong all this time? I'm not sure. I'm frustrated and feel defeated.

I'm not sure why this happened, but I developed blisters AGAIN! So my training isn't hindered by the amount of running, it's that I have to wait for these damn blisters to heal. I don't get it. I never had a problem with them before. I'm wearing the same brand of shoes I wore before (only this time I had to go 1/2 a size bigger to prevent my toenail from completely falling off). I'm wearing the right socks, body gliding as needed and all that other stuff. It's killing me. I hate blisters and I feel like I'm doomed to have even more of them. I'm diabetic, so I don't think this is all very healthy. I'm nursing them as best as I can. Any advice?

We're set to run the big 23 mile run this Saturday, but I won't be joining the team. This weekend a good friend is getting married in LA. While everyone will be conquering the 23 miles, I will be setting up my make-up kit: washing brushes, setting up palettes, hoping that I have enough foundation for all the people I have to do make-up on. Depending on how these blisters heal, I'm not sure how to make-up the 23 mile run. I'm totally freaking out about this! Maybe I should try to get in as much mileage as I can. Or maybe I should take the time to re-group mentally and figure out how I'm going to conquer the rest of the training. I'm at a loss here.

No comments: