Thursday, September 15, 2005

totally freaking out!

The coaches warned us about the butterflies kicking in before marathon day. However, I didn't think they would come so soon.

I leave for Maui in about ten hours and am doing minor last minute touches on the packing. As far as I can tell, it's going well. However, I've suddenly become nervous about this whole thing. My best friend told me to just relax. I'm trying.

I have been trying to take it easy during this taper period. The blisters have all healed and I visited the nice people at Foot Solutions in Fremont. It looks like the blistering is from my orthotic. They're old and don't fit my feet anymore. They're actually forcing my arches to go a little too high and that's what's causing the blistering. They gave me a replacement set which I think fits a lot better. When I'm ready and can afford it, I'm going to have to get custom ones made because my feet are really bad. I'm hoping the rest I've been taking pays off on Sunday.

I'm freaking out and off to pack!

No comments: