Tuesday, October 03, 2006

running start

So this morning I met up with Caroline, Freddy and Samantha at Morrison Canyon for a short 2-mile run. We ran 1.25 miles up and then made our way back down. (Okay, 2+mile run.)

I can't believe how out of running shape I am! Granted, I was never a fan of running hills, but I could do it. When training for Maui last year, we would do 3 mile stretches of rolling hills. Although tough, I always managed to get through them. This morning, I conked out at the base of the hill and just walked up the steep hill. Toward the 1.25 mile mark, when the ground was a little more level, I managed to get a little running in. Then, I did a controlled jog all the way down. Needless to say, I got my ass spanked by everyone else and as usual, came in last.

Luckily, I'm not vain. ;P

This morning I realized how much I actually like distance running. While I'm not signing up for a marathon ever, I think I'd like to get back into running shape. Or I'd like to run 3-5 mile distances. In order to do this, I figure I should just make a public declaration here....

The fierce runner will be running again... but in shorter distances. This is because the fierce runner likes not having monster-sized blisters and understands the value of her knees. So here's my running schedule.... I'm thinking of running on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. One run on flat land, one in hilly terrain. Sound good? Any takers?

No comments: