Wednesday, April 11, 2007

sore.

I'm all kinds of sore today. I just got back from New York and the last time I exercised was last week Tuesday. My first day back to working out was yesterday. In short, I missed a week of training. I meant to train in New York, but I got sick. Sad, because I hear the hotel had a cool fitness center, complete with individual TV monitors on all the running machines.

So I did a CrossFit workout, along with one of James's classes. Now I'm totally sore. I could barely make it through my yoga class today. I kept sweating through it. Oh well. It's over now.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out my relationship with CrossFIt. I like it as a workout system, but I'm finding that I'm screwing up on form in the name of making a better time. I think for the next few weeks I'm going to just run through the workouts without a timeclock. It's hard to not get swept up in the competition of it all. Lately, all the CrossFit newbies have been ultra-fit, making classes ultra-competitive. Not quite healthy for my already low self-esteem. But like the J-Ro I am, I'll just keep moving on.

But right now I'm sore. All kinds of sore today.

No comments: