Thursday, August 23, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Practice lifts with the wooden dowel:
Deadlift
Bench press
Hang Power Clean

WOD
For time, five rounds of:
10 deadlifts 65#
10 bench press 65#
10 hang power cleans 45#
50 jump rope turns

Joanne's final time - 17:31


Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This is a slightly different version of the posted WOD. I'm not big on lifting extra heavy weights and the posted WOD suggested lifting your body weight. (Ahem. Lifting your body weight means sharing what your body weight actually is. Um. Not for me.) On days like this, I try to honor the exercises, but will modify. I did double the reps, but lighter weights. I also added the jump rope turns because I hate doing jump rope, but need the practice.

The next time I do this WOD, I have to bump up the weights on the deadlift. I think I need to go up to 95# or even 105#. I also need to bump up the bench press weights to 70# or 75#. The hang power clean weight was fine.

No comments: