Wednesday, August 22, 2007

i want to run again.

I've decided that I want to run again. I like running. I don't love it, but I like it a lot. I want it back. I haven't run since the marathon (which was two years ago next month!) because of my blister problems. I wanted to start up again this week. Yesterday, I made sure I did a little bit of running (under 2 miles in intervals) for my CrossFit WOD. Even with body glide, I ended up blistering in my arches. This is with running for less than 2 miles!

I wanted to run today, so I used some moleskin. After 10 minutes on a machine and a little yoga (I intended to run after yoga), the moleskin fell off. I was feeling really frustrated. Even in yoga I was frustrated - all because some freakin' moleskin fell off! A friend recommended this book. She's an ultra marathoner (yeah, she does 50 and 100 mile runs) and said that it's a great source if I'm having foot problems.

I just orderd my copy and am paitently waiting for small blisters to heal. But I've decided that I want to run again. I'm going to run again. End story.

No comments: