Tuesday, August 21, 2007

re-start

So I went 12 whole days without fried food. For me that's a HUGE thing. I broke my challenge because the night before Caroline's wedding. We were up doing last minute touches for the wedding and to help me not fall asleep, I helped myself to some chips. It wasn't a bad thing and I didn't feel guilty or anything. I did, however, take a challenge break that lasted almost a week. So my NO FRIED FOOD clause re-started on August 16th. It's a lot better this time around.

This challenge is letting me know that though I love fried food, there are a lot of other healthier options out there. At the same time, there are a lot of options that are just as bad as friend food. I find myself trying to make better food choices. Also, it's not fried food that I love so much. It's the texture of the crunch. Knowing this is making the NO FRIED FOOD clause a lot more manageable. I've decided that when this challenge is over, I would limit myself to having friend food just once a week. It's a good healthy habit to have, and still allows me to indulge in somethings I love, like tempura.

In terms of working out, this month has been a slow start. I'm averaging about 4 hours a week, which is mostly yoga and dance. For me to get healthy, I need to do things such as running, CrossFit and spinning - the real hard sweat kind of workouts. This week is treating me much better. Let's hope I can keep it up. I've been slacking on my health way too long.

I'm also trying to eat in and cook more. Challenging, but I'm slowly trying to develop better habits.

This is what the road to good health is. Starting and re-starting. It's tough. It sucks. I hate it. But I'll do it.

No comments: