Thursday, September 13, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
FIVE rounds of:
Run 100 meters
5 sprawls
Samson stretch
30 second cobra
30 second bent over stretch

WOD: The Crossfit One World Circle of Death
Complete the following circuit TWICE for time. You may start at any exercise, but you must follow the prescribed order.

Row 500m
20 kettlebell swings 20#
20 band assisted pull-ups
20 push-ups (on knees)
20 knees to elbows (on back)
20 wall balls 10#
20 d-ball slams 12#
20 GHD back extensions

Joanne's final time - 26:37

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This was a tough workout. I wasn't even going to go. However, I missed my spin class because 5:30am is just too freakin' early. It used to start at 5:45 am, but those 15 minutes really make a difference! Anway... Instead of being a lazy ass, I decided to get my ass up and get to the WOD. This is my fourth WOD this week. I realize that there was a time when I went as often as 4-5 times a week! The past year I've been nothing but a lazy ass. It's true. CrossFit is a great workout system because it covers so many bases. It's also great for cross-training if you're training in a particular sport. Nikko can attest to this.

Anyway... I've decided to try to commit to 3-4 CrossFit workouts a week. If I do anything, it's CrossFit with my yoga and dance. To me, that's a balanced routine.

Again, the workout was tough, but I think I can push certain areas like: kettle bells (I'll try 25# next time) and wall balls (I'll try 12" next time). At some point, I need to try full plank push-ups and as I said this week, get better at the pull-ups. Right now, I've got that CrossFit soreness. UGH!


OWMA Quotable Quote
"This CAN'T be good for you!"
- newbie Shawn complaining about the workout

No comments: