Tuesday, November 06, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Row 100 calories (The first one to 100 calories set the pace, so in reality, I did about 70 calories.)
Medicine Ball sequence

WOD
As many rounds as you can in 30 minutes of:
Run 400m
10 one arm dumbbell clean and jerk each arm 15#
20 lunge steps (each leg; 40 total)

Joanne's Final Count - 3 rounds plus 400 meters and 6 dumbell clean & jerks

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This is one of those workouts where I wish I was all by my lonesome. Ideally, I would have liked to finish the prescribed workout of 5 rounds. However, in the interest of time, Freddy cut the workout at 30 minutes. In truth, I really don't mind a workout that lasts a long time. It's actually good for me. Next time I do this, I should up the weight a little bit. I did 15# which was fine. But I could have pushed it.

OWMA Quotable Quote
"This workout fools you into thinking you're buff. Then you look in the mirror and see that you're not buff!"
- Beast a.k.a Kitten


Notes (to myself) about the Challenge Restart:
I've had to make adjustments to my challenge. Again, the purpose of the challenge is to develop good eating habits. I decided that having an entire day to binge wasn't healthy. Instead, I'm allowing myself three cheat opportunities per week. It's equivalent to having three cheat meals in one day. It's also better for my sanity. I've been on and off lately. So Monday I officially started again. I'm getting better at cooking. I have a checklist that allows me to mark off my cheat meals. I also use it to try to eat 3 fruits and 3 veggie servings per day. I'm trying and I'm learning each and every day.

I started the Byetta on Friday. My doctor gave me the first month free. She’s right. It does suppress your appetite. Right now, I’m noticing that I don’t crave the large portions I usually do. I’m also noticing that I need to eat a lot of small meals. There’s something about the 1-5pm time block that makes me really hungry. After some point in the evening, especially if I’ve worked out at night, I just have no appetite. I’m learning and adjusting.

Here’s my diabetes travel pack. A big thank you to Fritzie for helping me buy this little under $7 pouch! It fits my Byetta pen, 10 needles, pink blood sugar meter, test strips, finger pricker, extra lancelet, tissue and control solution. It’s an efficient package – just like me!

I have to inject the Byetta 30-60 minutes before breakfast and dinner. I’m getting used to it. There’s something about sticking a needle in your upper arm, upper thigh, or abdomen that still flips me out. It makes me feel failed. It doesn’t hurt. It just makes me feel failed. However, the Byetta is something I have to take in addition to (not instead of, like I originally thought and was hoping due to high costs) the Metformin. Byetta controls sugars while eating, while the Metformin does the trick in between meals. The two together really make a difference. I haven’t seen my blood sugars higher than 150. Plus, it really helps me with my night and waking sugar levels, which are usually off for me.

Anyway… this is your diabetic next door signing off!

No comments: