Thursday, December 06, 2007

exercise addict

He's known as "Sam I Am" at One World, but he'll always be known as the sushi chef at Semo Sushi!

I didn't work out at all last week. I was trying to finish a fellowship application and decided to call for support on Tuesday. Rudy and Margaret came over to keep me company. I then decided to go balls out by locking myself up at Rudy's house until I turned in the application.

I did it with an hour to spare. Not my finest work, but at least I got it done.

Exercise and health suffered because of it because I mostly ate bread and drank coffee as survival food. That's why coming back to workout this week felt so good. So here's a rundown of what I did this week:

Monday: 1 hour yoga
Tuesday: My lazy ass stayed in.
Wednesday: 2 CrossFit workouts that looked like this:
5 rounds of:
Row 500 meters
Run 400 meters
Followed by:
"Suck it up Buttercup...it's not Death by Burpee!"
With a continuously running clock, do one burpee the first minute, two burpees the second minute, three burpees the third minute, and so on until you can't complete the neccesary number of burpees before the expiration of the minute. (Note: I did 10 rounds, which makes 55 burpees.)
Notes (to myself) about this workout
: I was proud of myself for coming back pretty strong. It's not that I made good time. It's that I actually finished the workout. Plus, I did full-on burpees, which I never do. It was quite fun if I do say so myself. I can see how burpees are a lot easier if you just have the right timing and technique. When I would do the modified style, I just wasn't being efficient.

Thursday: 1 hour spin
CrossFit WOD:
Push Press 5/5/5/5/5
My weight: 62/62/62/72/72
Notes (to myself) about this workout: I think I could have pushed the weight a little bit if I nailed down the technique. I'm still adjusting after 2 weeks of no CrossFit, so going light was okay.


I had a good talk with my chiropractor because I mentioned that I feel like when I don't do a hard workout for a long time, my body craves a crazy tough session. He said that when you're stressed, your body goes into defense mode. I tend to crave a tough workout because my body needs to release all that stress. Hmph. Good point. I've let go of the challenge. I think I was a little too ambitious and really need to re-think what I need to do to maintain my health, and not binge on good/bad habits.

No comments: