Wednesday, December 12, 2007

journal for healthy habits

In case any of you were looking for a great gift idea for yourself or for someone else, may I suggest a Streaming Colors Fitness Calendar? I've been using this to help me track my workouts for the past two years and I gotta tell ya, it's worth every penny! In fact, here's an excerpt from Fitness magazine about these great calendars!

Basically, the point of the calendar is that each month, you set out your health goals. They can be the same every month or they can change depending on what your needs are. You set your goals and give them a corresponding color like so:

Each day, there's a grid that you fill in where you record how/if you maintained that goal. Here's a sneak peek in to what's inside the calendar.

The Original calendar is a wall calendar. I love it because it gives me a monthly visual of what's going on in my life health-wise. You'll need a set of highlighters to fill in the calendar. Personally, I think this is the fun part. If you go on the site and look for customer raves (or reviews), you'll see that they printed mine. Here's what my rave says (it's the 5th one on the list):
"I can't begin to tell you how much I love my Streaming Colors calendar! As a busy graduate student, it's really easy to fall into unhealthy habits. However, as a diabetic, good health is something I have to constantly work on. This calendar has been a life saver (literally!) because it allows me to track my workouts and health goals in an inventive way. I didn't realize how much fun I would have seeing each month come alive with the different colors. The best part is that it's taught me that trying to develop good habits also deserves a good reward. I always look forward to my end-of-the-month treat to myself. I can't wait to see what 2007 is going to look like!"
-Joanne R., Hayward, CA


This year, they've added a NEW PRODUCT to their line: a WEEKLY fitness calendar! I just placed my order and I can't wait to get it! When I bought my calendar last year, I exchanged a few emails with the folks at Lurhs Media, and they asked me for suggestions. I mentioned a weekly planner and they said that they've been getting a lot of requests for one. I'm so glad they finally have it for 2008!

It looks great so far and like the wall calendar, the same concepts apply. Oh! I also forgot to mention that each calendar (wall or weekly) has current information about the food pyramid and exercise guides. So it's more than just a calendar because it include some important health info. Check it out!

For those of you who are serious about tracking your health goals, are training for some big sports event, or just want some colorful, visual motivation to get a move-on, I say order your fitness calendars stat! (Note: They offer a discount if you buy the calendars in twos. Also, if any of you are in training groups and want to buy in bulk, or would like to sell them for a fundraiser, their site gives you info on that as well.)

No comments: