Wednesday, January 30, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


Freddy captioned this: Swallow your chewing gum and bad things can happen. It took me a while to understand what he meant. Now I get it Freddy! ha ha ha!

Warm-up
I did 60 minutes of yoga before class.

WOD
Run 5K.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I like running. I like it more than I hate it. To me, the key to running is good shoes and gear, and good music on your ipod (personally, I'm a shuffle kind o gal). The 5K was two rounds around the extended block around One World. I didn't realize we had to do it twice, so I came back to the studio after the first round and Jolie pointed out that I had to do another round. No big deal. I kinda felt like the 5K went a little too fast. I know it's been a while since marathon training, but I definitely know what 5K feels like. Twice around the extended block felt more like it. The first round flew by and I felt really light. It's a good feeling when you're running to feel light. The second round was a little heavier, but I was still energized when I hit the finish. UGH! Let's hope the weather stays as decent as it was today so that I can find the inspiration to run more.

Yoga in the evenings has been great. I've noticed that my mind is clearer and I'm able to do things I couldn't do like bind this one pose. It helps when you don't think about it too much. Just do. Allow yourself to be surprised. That's been my yoga week.

No comments: