Monday, June 30, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
1 hour of heated yoga
Run 800 meters
THREE sets of TEN reps of:
Samson Stretch
10 Shoulder rolls
10 Overhead Squats
10 Lunges (each leg)
10 Wall balls

WOD: "Blackjack"
Complete the following for time:
20push-ups/1 sit-up
19 push-ups/2 sit-ups
18 push-ups/3 sit-ups
17 push-ups/4 sit-ups
16 push-ups/5 sit-ups
15 push-ups/6 sit-ups
14 push-ups/7 sit-ups
13 push-ups/8 sit-ups
12 push-ups/9 sit-ups
11 push-ups/10 sit-ups
10 push-ups/11 sit-ups
9 push-ups/12 sit-ups
8 push-ups/13 sit-ups
7 push-ups/14 sit-ups
6 push-ups/15 sit-ups
5 push-ups/16 sit-ups
4 push-ups/17 sit-ups
3 push-ups/18 sit-ups
2 push-ups/19 sit-ups
1 push-up/20 sit-ups

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I was happy that I could do the push-ups better. It's a tough exercise for me and I was glad that I was able to keep my hands and elbows in the position that I needed it to be in. This is actually one of my favorite WODs because it's challenging and uses no equipment. Again, no timer was used.

Eric, one of the other CrossFitters offered to help train me just so I can get my feet wet again. We agreed we'd start training next week Monday. I'm thankful that he's willing to help me out because I've been in such a slump lately. In truth, I haven't had the greatest week and it's only Tuesday.

I will say that in life matters, I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready to conquer CrossFit again. I'm ready to run again. I'm ready to get moving with the dissertation and such. I'm ready for what life has in store for me. No fear. No pain. No turning back. I'm diving in head first to reach all my goals - physical, personal, spiritual. That's my life's theme these days: I'm ready.

No comments: