Monday, July 07, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Heated yoga - 1 hour
Joe D's Deadlift and burpee warm-up

WOD
Complete 5 rounds for time of:
5 deadlifts 133#
10 burpees

Joanne's Final Time - 15:23

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This was my first WOD that my new CrossFit coach Eric ran me through. First off, a big thanks to Eric because he wasn't even training today, but was nice enough to run me and Imran through today's WOD separately. Granted I did the WOD with the 6pm crew. However, Eric followed me through the whole thing. It was tough.

Okay. Reading the WOD doesn't look so bad. But actually doing it was crazy! I wanted to die! I'm not big on the heavy lifting. However, it really helps when someone is there pushing you. Eric made me do a 133# lift. WTF?! I don't think I've ever done more than 95# on the deadlift just because I fear injury. But as Eric says, you can't expect your body to change unless you push it. So there I was pushing myself today. I was one of the last to finish, but I didn't care. My concern was to do the WOD as "cleanly" as possible. I did the best deadlifts I could do. Dare I say, I might be able to add a few more pounds next time I do this WOD. Also, I did real burpees with knee push-ups. That's another thing I don't usually do because I usually skip the push-up all together.

As I've mentioned before, I'm really loving being back in CrossFit. I don't care if I finish last. Right now, it's about getting better form and doing the workout. Balls to the wall, bitches!

Right now, my body is a little sore as expected. But in the week and a half that I've been back, I can honestly say that I can see how my body has already changed. I haven't checked the scales and don't plan to until next month. My jeans are back to how they felt when I was in the Philippines (Did I mention that at my last doctor appointment I gained 10 pounds since coming back?!). I appreciated the heavy lifting because it made me feel the contours of my body better. I could feel the strength of my back and core, which is what happens when you have someone poking your shoulder blades and yelling in your ear about form "butt out, tits out!" (Yeah. Let's just say that CrossFit isn't exactly where the politically correct collide. It's okay. I'm a tough girl and can appreciate the banter.) ha ha ha!

All in all, it was a great WOD and I'm caring less about time and more about form. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. Yea.

On the yoga front, I'm noticing that the evening classes are tougher, but I'm performing better because my body is warmed from the day's activities. I'm getting stronger in areas I was struggling with before. It's great. I so *heart* Dolian!

Finally, the photo above was taken at the CrossFit games that happened this weekend. Kudos to all the competing athletes, especially those from One World. You guys rock!

No comments: