Tuesday, July 08, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

A big congrats to Queen Jolie, who placed 5th overall at the CrossFit games.

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
THREE sets of TEN reps of:
Samson Stretch
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead Squats
AbMat Sit-ups
Push-ups

WOD: "Nancy"
Complete five rounds for time of:
Run 400m
15 overhead squats 33#

No time recorded.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
The soreness from last night's deadlifts are kicking in. My back on the sides are really sore. Surprisingly, my butt is okay. On the One World site, today is a rest day with the option of making up a WOD or working on the overhead squat. I decided to do what the 6:30am kids did and worked on Nancy. I used a 33# bar which is heavy enough for me to feel challenged, but still maintain consistency when doing the WOD. The next time I do Nancy, I'd like to see if I can push it to 45#.

The main issue I've had with Nancy is that I tend to fall forward (I blame it on the boobs!). According to David, my right arm tends to go about 4 inches back farther than my left arm. I can't quite feel the imbalance when I do the overhead squat. I will say that when he corrects the alignment, it feels funny. I wonder if I just have funny alignment. Hmph.

Since today was technically a rest day, I took my time with the WOD, especially with the run. I could have gone faster, but didn't. I've done this WOD and I just didn't want to die, that's all. But this WOD at full intensity is crazy! Your legs feel like jello afterward! I'm glad I got to work on the overhead squat and am looking forward to making it better.

I skipped on my standard run because I felt sore and just couldn't get up. Hence, why I'm glad Nancy had some running in it. I'll go running on Thursday.

Finally, I thought this video gave great advice about uphill and downhill running. Thanks for sharing this, Freddy!

No comments: