Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

What we have here is the very fashion forward Freddy at the CrossFit games. Remember Freddy's fashion rule? Always match your shoes and your shorts. Nice. Um, I'm not sure I like these shorts. Dearest Freddy, I think you're better off doing your shopping at Lululemon. I'm sure that they'll have lots of gear that will match your tattoos!

Warm-up
One hour of yoga.
Row 1000 meters
THREE sets of TEN reps of:
Samson Stretch
Shoulder rolls
Overhead squats
Push-ups
GHD Sit-ups
GHD Back Extensions

WOD: Fat Helen
Complete five rounds for time of:
400m run
21 kettlebell swings W:35#
12 jumping pull-ups

Joanne's Final Time - 34:38

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Technically, today was a rest day or a make-up-a-WOD day. My stupid ass decided to do "Fat Helen" because I wanted to work on the pull-ups. I'm not sure it was such a good idea now. Though I did jumping pull-ups, I did the RX'd weight on the kettlebell swings. I didn't think I could push that, but Eric said I could.

The thing about pushing weight is that you can definitely feel your mistakes and your form. Pushing weight also makes me extremely aware of how weight training is a whole body experience. The body has to be tight and loose at the same time. If you've lifted some major weight, you'd know what I'm talking about. Though Eric makes me lift a lot, I usually appreciate it afterwards.

This WOD was TOUGH for me because of the 35# kettlebell and I was really trying to do better with the pull-ups. I was winded after round two and I thought I was going to die. Sweat was dripping from every part of my body. It sucked! If you videotaped me I looked like I was going to cry most of the time.

On the brighter side, I thought it would take me about 40 minutes to finish. So to finish under 35 minutes was a gift to me. Granted, most people finished well under 30 minutes. But I have no complaints. At this moment, as I'm trying to get back into CrossFit shape, I'm trying to make every movement count. I really want to take advantage of the health benefits of CrossFit, so if I have to take a lot longer to get solid movement, I'm okay.

Another thing I decided was to have a consistent warm-up. I'm going to incorporate the movements I need work on and I'd like to address my problem areas such as my tummy. Hence, why today's warm-up was a little more structured.

As for yoga, we just found out that the thermostat is now in a lock box. Meaning, no more heated yoga. Personally, I'm okay with that because I'm naturally warm-blooded and get sweaty anyway. As usual, today's session was great. I'm trying to build up to not having to take so many breaks and today I was almost there.

OWMA Quotable Quote
"I hate you now. I'll thank you later. But I hate you now."
- said by me to Eric

No comments: