Thursday, July 24, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

I started the day with a 4 mile morning run. My pace was 12:06, my fastest so far. The run started slow because I was wearing my new hydration belt. Anytime you're carrying two extra pounds of stuff on your butt has got to slow your run down. Plus, I was running in the morning and it takes a while for me to get into an early morning groove. I was surprised that my pace was faster than the run before. And yes, I *heart* my new hydration belt!

Pictured here is my crazy trainer Eric. Yes, he's as crazy as the photo shows. I have to give him props for staying late today and helping me with my time trials. Truth be told, I've always avoided the time trial days because I just don't want to know. A very big thank you for pushing me through a slow and painful process. My triceps are sore now.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Stretching

WOD: Time Trials
Complete each of the following exercises for time. You may complete them in any order. Rest as long as necessary between exercises.

Row 500m - 2:23
Run 400m - 2:12
100 pull-ups - 6:03
100 push-ups - 15:17
100 sit-ups - 10:18

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I'm not big on time trials because they simply tell you how slow and weak you are. But I guess you have to do them in order to track your progress. I did much better on the run and row than I had anticipated. I usually do the run in about 2:30 and the row in about 2:45. The pull-ups were challenging, but I'm constantly working on them. The sit-ups were tough because I did them on the Abmat with legs in the butterfly position. I finished as fast as I did because Eric held my feet for most of the reps. It's much harder when no one is holding your feet down. Finally, the most challenging for me was the push-ups. This is the first time I didn't do them on my knees. I actually did the push-ups on my feet. I have a lot of form to work on, but I'm hoping that when we do these time trials in a few months I'll see some improvement.

No comments: