Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Today's CrossFit games athlete is Jason K. I don't get to workout with him much, but I do know he's a pretty intense guy. Here he is sporting one of One World's signature shirts. Yeah. I gotta do more of that: Train not to suck at life. I think everyone should have a shirt like this. Okay. Maybe this photo isn't fair because it's a backside shot. I just wanted you all to see the cool t-shirt that has people ranting and raving.

In all fairness to Jason K., here's a photo of him and his wife Tia. I've trained with Tia before and she rocks. Meaning, Jason and Tia are a couple who totally rock! Congrats to Jason on the games and to Tia for standing by her man!

Warm-up
THREE rounds of TEN reps of:
Samson stretch
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead squats
Full push-ups
Bar dips
GHD Back Extensions
GHD Sit-ups

WOD: Helen
Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
35# Kettlebell swings
12 jumping pull-ups

Joanne's Final Time - 15:21

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I was supposed to run today. But I was just plain tired. I forgive myself.

Though I always say I hate kettlebell swings, I have to declare that they are awesome because it's a total body movement. The swing mostly comes from the hips, but in order to keep a steady kettlebell, you need to tighten your core and make sure your legs are solid. Of course, your arms and upper body need to be solid too. I think today's WOD with yesterday's adventures on the GHD machine really worked my abs. I finished in over 15 minutes. It doesn't sound like a lot, but most people finished in under 11 minutes. I'm not complaining. Each swing counted and each jumping pull-up counted. I was happy to finish in under 16 minutes. I was glad that Jolie was there before I did my WOD to check my form. Watching her do "Helen" was awesome. She finished in about 9 minutes. Her pull-ups are a total work of art. What I would do to be that graceful.

As always, thanks to Eric for his help. You rock, coach!

No comments: