Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Today's CrossFit Games athlete is Brad a.k.a. Bradass! And yes, what a bad ass he is! I have only the greatest things to say about the lovely man who affectionately refers to me as his "Manila Wafer." (It's an old joke, but we get a kick out of laughing about it anyway.) Brad is one of our CrossFit trainers and all around athletic stud. Brad's an old pro when it comes to the world of sports. One of my favorite memories of Brad was watching some vintage 80s videos of him kickboxing. Yeah. He was into kickboxing before it became en vogue.

This is Bradass doing pull-ups at the Games. They switched the standard so that you had to touch your chest to the bar instead of your chin over the bar. Believe it or not, Brad is 52 years old! Um. I don't know a lot of 25 year-olds with this kind of build. Again, one of the many reasons why he's known as Bradass! Congrats to one of my favorite people on the CrossFit Games!

Warm-up
Row 500 meters
Samson Stretch
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead Squats
Push-ups

WOD: Joanne's Burpee Hell!
Complete 100 burpees for time

Joanne's Final Time - 18:42

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I was on a total roll transcribing that I decided to switch my yoga from today to Friday. It was worth it because I got some good work done. Also, my abs are sore and I just needed the rest.

In truth, I was totally afraid of today's WOD because I hate burpees. I did them, but I hate them. Yeah. I did them with a full push-up. The good thing is I understand the movement better and know how to do more of them in a row. Okay. Five burpees in a row doesn't sound like a lot. But it's way more than doing them one at a time. I told Eric that I felt like I was doing more "flopees" than burpees because it felt like I was just flopping on the floor. UGH.

One of the refreshing things was running Eric through this WOD. Though his form is way better than mine, he struggles with the time like I do. As always, great job Eric!

No comments: