Monday, August 18, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

This is my coach Eric. Um. Enjoy the moment in this photo because CrossFit is never this artful or pretty.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
THREE rounds of TEN reps of:
Samson Stretch
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead Squats

WOD: "Tabata This"
A tabata is 20 seconds of work and ten seconds of rest performed eight times. Perform a tabata cycle at each of the following exercises. Rest one minute between exercises. Score is the total of the lowest amount of reps done in any of the eight rounds for each exercise. The exercises are as follows:

Jumping Pull-ups: 75 total
Push-ups: 8/6/5/5/5/5/5/5 - 44 total
Sit-ups: 3/6/4/5/7/7/7/7 - 46 total
Squats: 11/10/12/10/10/10/10/10 - 83 total

Joanne's Tabata Total: 248

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Like most CrossFit WODs, this one sucked. However, it was a good one to come to after such a long hiatus. I was hoping to break 200, so to get 248 was nice. My legs were burning during the squats. I had to do my not-so-sexy grunt. I swear I'm not cute when I work out. It's sad, really. The elite men at the studio ranged between 350 to 450. As always, I could improve. But this was a good start. Tomorrow's WOD is Angie. I don't know if I'm willing to do it because I did almost the same thing today. UGH. We'll see.

Though I didn't train much while I was away, I did nourish my mind with some reading suggested by Freddy. I'm half way done with Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. It's something I recommend you all read because it lays out the politics of food and why we should start changing the way we eat. It's a healthy read for me because it reaffirms what my body tells me - that it needs nutrients and I need to be more mindful of how I feed it. I'll give a full report when I'm done.

No comments: