Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Here she is again. Queen Jolie at last year's CrossFit Games where she won first place as the best all around female (or something like that). We all know that Jolie rocks. And here are the photos from the main CrossFit site to prove it. So glad to have you at One World!

Warm-up
Chatting away with near and dear friends.

WOD: "J-Ro's Running Angel"
Four rounds of:
Run 800 meters
25 push-ups
25 sit-ups
25 squats

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Today was an Eric -free day. This was good because my body was just a bit tired. I really need to tweak my eating because I don't think I'm getting enough protein. Maybe that's why I was a little out of it. Also, I was still sore from Sunday's run. The One World WOD was "Angie" which consisted of: 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats for time. I've never done Angie as listed because I usually break it up into 4 sets of 25 of each exercise. I guess it's best to do the WOD as listed. But I don't do it that way because 100 reps of anything just bores the shit out of me. I wanted to take advantage of my Eric-free day and still recover properly, which is why I created my "J-Ro's Running Angel" WOD. It combined the running I needed to do for my half marathon training and the movements from "Angie" sans the jumping pull-ups. I opted out of the jumping pull-ups just because I didn't want to. Is it so terrible that I wanted to bounce as little as possible? So anyway...

I didn't time my signature WOD. I just wanted to finish. There was a lot of running, so I didn't warm up either. I did the WOD sanely and finished nicely. I did take a small conversation break after the second round because people near and dear that I haven't seen in ages popped into the studio. I just had to say hello. So yes, I worked, but I took it a little easy because my body needed the rest. As always, I ended with a 10 minute stretch. It was nice.

No comments: