Monday, August 25, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


This is Jolie and Darryl workin' the Fit as F**k shirts. I used to have one, but I passed it on to my nephew who is now on Guam. I hope he's putting it to good use. I'd wear this shirt more often just to be funny. But oh well. Jolie and Darryl are definitely Fit as F**k. I'd be happy with just being remotely fit.

Warm-up
One hour of yoga

WOD: Murph
For time:
1.1 mile Run
100 Jumping Pull-ups
200 Push-ups (on knees)
300 Squats
1.1 mile Run

Joanne's Final Time - 1:08:40

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
As you can already tell, this WOD sucked! I didn't want to do it because technically, I should be resting from yesterday's run. I saw the chiropractor today and talked about my knee issue. He said that given the area where I'm sore, I really need to make it a point to stretch and ice my knees. Again, another thing I forget to do. When I did the marathon in 2005, I always took ice baths after the long run. They were a pain, but it helped. So now I need to ice. In fact, I'm sitting in my room with an ice pack on one knee and in ten minutes I'll be switching over to the other knee.

To make this WOD more bearable, I broke up the middle part. This was per Brad and Raz's suggestion. I did 20 rounds of: 5 jumping pull-ups, 10 push-ups on knees and 15 squats. I have to say that it did make it more bearable. But the WOD sucked anyway. Brad finished in about 44 minutes, which made me realize that this was going to take me about twice that time. I was hoping to do it under 90 minutes, 75 minutes being optimal. I ended up finishing the WOD in 68 minutes and 40 seconds. Yea for me. The truly hardcore do this WOD with a 20# vest. I don't ever plan on being psycho.

After the WOD, I did a good, self-guided 20 minute stretch session. Also, yoga rocked today. Because of today's run, I'm taking a running break tomorrow. CrossFit only. Yea.

No comments: