Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
800 meter run

WOD: Death By Burpees
Complete as may burpees as you can in 20 minutes

Joanne's Final Count - 112 burpees

For an example of what a standard burpee is, check out the following video:


Notes (to myself) about this workout:
There's a reason why this is called "Death By Burpees." At the end of the twenty minutes, I wanted to die! Literally. I've discovered that when you do something like this, you really have to strategize. My goal was to reach 100 burpees, so I averaged 5 burpees per minute. It doesn't sound like a lot. But 20 minutes of it really gets to you. I averaged 5 burpees in about 20 seconds and had 40 seconds to rest. I could feel it in my legs as the time clock kept running. At the last few rounds, Eric had me push and do more. That's how I got to 112 burpees. I'm glad that I went over my goal. It was tough. I think next time I'll aim for 6 per minute to build up to 120 burpees. The rest is important. I want to say it's even more important than the burpees themselves. For the record, this is my least favorite WOD and my least favorite exercise. UGH. The dot com WOD includes doing 70 burpees tomorrow. Lord help me with this one.

After the WOD, I did a nice long stretch. That was awesome!

No comments: