Sunday, August 31, 2008

the human race

I ran 8 miles today. My pace was 13:05 per mile and I ran it in Fremont. As mentioned before, I am training for a half marathon. Though the Human Race was only 6.2 miles, Margaret and I had to log in 8 miles to be on par with our training schedule. Next week we hit 10 miles!

As with all the long runs, they were fine. We signed up to do the race at Valley Fair, but the south bay heat is a little too much for Margaret who usually trains in the early morning. No biggie. It was less driving anyway. Also, I'm not familiar with the route at Valley Fair yet. By the time the Nike Women's Half Marathon rolls around, it will be colder, so running in the south bay should be fine. Besides, I'm looking forward to the water stations and DJs they have set up.

The only thing that irked me was that when I plugged in my SportBand to log my run, it completely died. The online reviews mentioned that for people who sweat a lot, they've had issues with the band short circuiting. Unfortunately, that happened on race day. So according to the computer program, I didn't even run the human race. Boo!

I immediately called the people at Nike and they sent me the appropriate labels to return the band. I told them I was going to the nearest store to replace the one that broke and they were fine with that. Yea for Nike!

The good thing was that while I was running, I saw two women running together and one of them was wearing the Human Race t-shirt. It was nice to be in good company.

We didn't take photos of us running, but here are some photos from the post-run meal. Enjoy!


Eight miles ain't no joke. You definitely build up your appetite. Here's Margaret feasting on palabok and empanada from Red Ribbon. Oooh! Which to bite in to first?!


Puh-lease. No doubt about it. Empanada for appetizer. Palabok for the main course. Any questions? Good!


The ecstatic Diana (and esteemed member of our ground crew) cheers for good food!

No comments: