Wednesday, August 20, 2008

World-Class Fitness in 100 Words


Pictured above is Jason Khalipa of CrossFit Santa Clara. Um. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which one is Jason. He's the guy who won first place at the CrossFit games this year. I don't know Jason. I'm sure I've seen him milling around One World at one point. But we've never formally met. I do give the guy props for being #1 at the games and of course, being an informal part of the One World family. Jason just opened up a new facility called CrossFit Santa Clara. Though new, it seems to be doing well. I haven't had the chance to visit the box, but I really like checking out their site because they do CrossFit "celebrity" features and it totally cracks me up because these "celebrities" are often everyday folk who do CrossFit in other places. Congrats to Jason and much success to the new facility!

I lifted this from the One World site a few days ago. I think it's sound fitness advice. Enjoy.

World-Class Fitness in 100 Words:
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds,some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.

Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, clean & jerk, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.

Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense.

Regularly learn and play new sports.

No comments: