Monday, September 08, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


He cleans too! This is the magnificent Agent Bradass making sure the women's bathroom is nice and clean. Such a great guy! I hope he gives his lovely wife Carmella a break by taking over the cleaning duties. But knowing Agent Bradass (who I also call Bradley Stewart, cousin of Martha), I'm sure he does his share of house chores. Um... I think he needs a cute French maid outfit. What do you think?

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
Run 1.1 miles
(Note: my time was 12:24)

WOD: Kelly
Complete five rounds of the following for time:
Run 400m
30 box jumps 12"
30 wall balls 14#

Joanne's Final Time - 46:44

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This is how I know I'm crazy... I ran ten miles yesterday. TEN MILES! One would think I would opt to take it easy today. And I did by taking a yoga class. My body really needed the stretching. Coming in to the WOD, I knew it would be tough, but I was ready. For my warm-up, I initially thought I would do a simple 800 meter run. But Eric suggested I just do the full run around the block to see if my time would improve. Stupid me said OKAY! So I did. I got a new PR. But I also had the WOD to do which entailed a lot of running as well. Um. Did I mention that I ran TEN MILES! yesterday? Yeah. Uh-huh. Stupid me.

Kelly was hard and I did it as close to RX as possible - the wall balls were RX'd, but the box jumps weren't. It's been a while since I've done wall balls and the last time I did them I used a 4# ball. To use the 14# ball was a total jump. The good thing is that I now know I can RX the wall ball WODs. It's just a matter of finding your rhythm and nailing your technique. I can't believe we had to do five rounds of this shit! Boo! Tomorrow I'm getting as much rest as I can. I deserve it.

No comments: