Monday, September 15, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


I can't remember when this was taken. I want to say it was taken sometime in 2006 when CrossFit was still new and not a lot of people took the classes. I'm glad it's grown so much. But sometimes I miss the days of the old Breakfast Club. Um. I've been told I don't look like this these days. I'm hoping these same people are right. I can tell I've leaned out a little bit because I need new gym pants. My Nike pants are on the verge of falling off when I workout. Though nice, I really like my Nike pants and don't want to buy a new pair. Don't mind me. I'm not bitching. I love my workouts now. I love feeling stronger. They work for me now.

Warm-up
One hour of yoga
Run 800 meters

WOD: "Rubber Legs"
Complete the following for time:
Run 200m
50 squats
Row 250m
30 lunge steps (total steps)
Run 200m
25 squat jumps
Row 250m
30 lunge steps
Run 200m
50 squats
Row 250m

Joanne's Final Time - 17:09

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Today's yoga was really hard, but I pulled through. I can feel myself getting stronger because I no longer need to do the main vinyasa on my knees. I could also feel how weak I felt today because after a ten mile run, I'm just tired. Also, I sweat like a motherf--ker. I just need to own that about myself.

CrossFit Mondays are always hard. I'm always exhausted after the long runs. But I workout for the sake of toughing it out. Today's WOD seemed light, but it wasn't. It was short, but intense. I was glad it was over. I'm also trying to alter the way I eat after the WOD. It's sort of working. I'm kind of hungry, but I fueled up on protein and such. Also, I just don't think late night eating is smart. I'll rough it out 'til the morning when I dive into my lox and wasa crackers. Yummy!

1 comment:

Animae said...

You were cute then (still cute) but now you're smokin' HOT!