Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


This is Nicole from CrossFit headquarters demonstrating the overhead squat. Yes, that's Queen Jolie in the background. I'm always amazed at how much One World gets kudos on the main site.

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: Nancy
Complete five rounds for time of:
Run 400m
15 overhead squats 45#

Joanne's final time - around 26 minutes?

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
As predicted, after a ten mile run on Sunday and a tough workout on Monday, I'm simply tired today. Eric showed up really late, so I started the WOD without him. I took advantage of not having him by not Rx-ing the WOD and going slower on the run. Yeah. He showed up at the end of round three and I didn't hear the end of it. Yes, I could have pushed harder today. But I'm not disappointed because my other days have been pretty intense. Also, it's the first time I've ever timed my Nancy.

But I will say that Eric won't always be there and I need to not be such a panty when it comes to doing the WOD. I forgive myself for today's slip. Really, I needed the rest. Besides, I'm still a little sore. Cheers to tomorrow's WOD, which Eric says will "kick my ass." Boo!

No comments: