Thursday, September 25, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


This is Josh "Schoolboy" doing a 370# deadlift. Amazing. He's 16 years old and weighs 140#. Sick. So sick! Great job Schoolboy!

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: Deadlift
Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

How Joanne's lifts panned out: 95/105/115/120/140/145/150/155/160/170/175/180

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I was tired today. I didn't get enough sleep and when I was driving to the studio, I cold feel myself dozing off. I arrived at around 5:30pm and just took a half hour nap in my car. When I got up, I was still a little groggy. I decided to take an un-timed run around the block to warm up and wake me up. Lesson learned. Sleep is important. Food is important. I'm feeling how important they are in my not-so-old age. Luckily, today's WOD wasn't too bad. Heavy lifting, but it doesn't suck the life out of you. It's a different kind of intensity.

Before I started training with Eric, I had never done more than a 95# deadlift. A few months ago, I did a WOD that had a deadlift and did 135#. Today, I was happy to do 180#. With better form and such, I think I can lift more. But 180# isn't bad. Hell, it's like I deadlifted Brad!

No comments: