Tuesday, September 30, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


In honor of Fight Gone Bad, here's a photo of this past Saturday's event that we hosted at One World. Congratulations to the athletes who competed. You all did a great job. (Ahem. Austin, you pulled a 382? That's so damn sick! If that's your PR, then I think you should say thank you for the red rice and kelaguen because that's what did the trick. Are you listening, you CrossFitters?)

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: Fight Gone Bad
In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. The athlete performs three rounds total. The stations are:

Wall-ball: 14 pound ball, 8 ft target. (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull: 55 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump: 12" box (Reps)
Push-press: 55 pounds (Reps)
Row: calories (Calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Joanne's Final Score: 198

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I want to start off by posting my previous Fight Gone Bad times. I've done this WOD only twice before. The first time is here where I scored 193. I think I recorded some things wrong because I'm sure if I did high box step-ups, it was either 12" or 20". I'm almost positive it was 12". I also did 45# weights at the time. Note that this first attempt was nowhere near RX'd.

The second time I did FGB was here. It's important to note that I did 257 reps, a great improvement. However, the wall ball was 10# and the weight was only 35#.

I mention this because I'm currently kicking myself at how much I cheated myself during my workouts for the past few years. In my current state of mind, I feel like, if you're not going to work hard, don't go to the gym. It's the mindset that works for me at this moment. When I looked at my past FGB results, I realized how much I really cheated myself and how much I didn't push myself. As Eric says, go RX'd or as close as you can to it every time. I try to push as much as I can because i feel like if I don't, I'm wasting my time. I was hoping to break 200 and I came close. I learned that FGB is about planning, pacing and pushing. I now know what my limits are and where I can push. I think I could have broken 200 if I just pushed harder and hand a clearer mindset. No big deal. I RX'd everything except the box jumps, so I'm happy with my performance today.

No comments: