Thursday, October 09, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD


Sick Abs! This is Laura and was taken when she first started at One World a few years ago. As mentioned before, I don't get to see her much because she doesn't train as much at One World anymore. I do get to run into her during our events and things, which is nice. Okay. So I don't aspire to have abs like these. However, I would like to have less jelly in the mid section!


SPORTS BRA SALE! If you're anything like me, you understand the importance of a good sports bra. However, if you're anything like me and are a little on the busty side, you also know that a good sports bra can cost a fortune (I'm talking at least $40 and up). As someone who needs a full support bra at least 3-5 times a week, we're talkin' a lot of sports bras! If you're wondering what my super sports bra secret is, it's all about Champion! In my humble opinion, they make some of the best sports bras and have an incredibly wide range of sizes - anything from a modest A-cup to a voluptuous DDD-cup. They also have a great range of support from light (for yoga) to high (for running). A few times a year they have their $19.99 sports bra sale and ladies, it's that time of year! If you haven't discovered this gem yet, do check it out! They have a bra finder function that customizes your search. If you sign up on their email list and open a free account, they ship to you for free. I find that their bras are pretty true to size. But if you order and find you need to return or exchange, it's a really easy process. So if you need your sports bras, stock up now! I don't know when the sale ends, but stock runs out (and you'll end up on a waiting list and will have to wait up to a month for your support supplies). *End my spiel on sports bras.*

And now on to todays' WOD....

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: Timed Rows
Row 500 meters four times. Rest two minutes between efforts.

Row 1 - 2:16
Row 2 - 2:16
Row 3 - 2:15
Row 4 - 2:15
Row 5 - 2:16

Total Time - 11:18

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I modified this WOD slightly. The original WOD was timed 400 meter runs. Truth be told, I can't stand timed short distance runs. I'm a distance runner and I have trouble adjusting. Also, for me, running isn't about fast times. It's about completing the distance. I guess this is where I have trouble with the CrossFit system. I completely understand why we have to time the workouts because it totally ups the intensity. However, I prefer to take a little extra time to nail form. Once the form is right, then we can speed things up for time. Right now, I'm still trying to nail my form. In EVERYTHING. Patience. I just need patience.

My fastest recorded row was during my last time trials where I clocked in at 2:14. I was slightly slower tonight, but I think I made a decent showing. I realize I approach my WODs the way I run. I aim for form and consistency. There's not a lot of difference in each round of rows. If you look at other people's times (well, they ran so it's a different story I guess), the rounds are pretty different. Like they say, different strokes for different folks and I'm now finding my groove. Wa-hoo!

No comments: