Thursday, October 16, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD


This is how I felt like during the entire WOD today. This is Freddy during his post-Fran suffering period. Sometimes (more often than not) you have your bad days. Today was one of mine.

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: Mr. Joshua
Complete 5 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
30 GHD sit-ups
15 deadlifts 140#

Joanne's Final Time - 55:00

A little info about Mr. Joshua:

Today's WOD is one of CrossFit's new hero WODs. It was created in memory of SO1 Joshua Thomas Harris, 36, who drowned during combat operations on August 30th 2008 in Afghanistan. He is survived by his parents Dr. Sam and Evelyn Harris, his brother Ranchor and twin sister Kiki.


Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This WOD made me want to cry. Period. Really. Even Eric said I looked like I was going to cry. At the start of the fourth round, I could feel a lump in my throat because I wanted to cry. Though I scaled the weight down (rx'd was 185# for women), this was still miserable. Deadlifts kill me. And my head just wasn't in the game. I made the mistake of running as my warm-up. I really should have done a much lighter warm-up because this WOD was really intense. In fact, all the hero WODs (especially the new ones they've been posting. Apparently it feels like there have been a ton of people killed overseas because of this senseless war. Okay. Remember to vote because I can't handle more people dying. Though hero WODs are nice gestures, it makes me sad to see a new hero WOD posted because it means another innocent life lost. So go out there and vote. End political rant.) are really hard.

Again, my head wasn't in the game and I'm not sure why. I think the silly stress of the whole Sbux thing (I'll explain if you ask nicely) fucked up my CrossFit karma and not my dating karma. So yes, karma bit me in the ass today and it came in the form of Mr. Joshua. I'm glad to be off CrossFit for the next few days because I really need the rest.

No comments: