Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles
Three sets of 10 reps of:
Samson stretch
Shoulder rolls
Overhead squats
Followed by: random stretching

WOD
work on the power clean!

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Today I was supposed to do the bear WOD. Here's how it goes: One cycle of "The Bear" is a power clean to a front squat to overhead to a back squat to overhead. Complete seven cycles to finish one round. Once the weight is picked up off the floor, it can only tap the floor between cycles. (Touch and go.) Rest with the bar on your shoulders, overhead, or tucked into your hip. Complete five rounds for max weight in the last round.

It looks like this:


I'm not sure what was going on with me today, but I think I let everyone else's weight get to my head. When I contemplated this WOD, I was really concerned about getting the movement down. So when I started, I realized that I didn't even nail the power clean! So I spent about 40 minutes playing with different weights trying to do the first movement, which was the power clean. From there, I did two rounds of the bear at 45# and 50#. It was tough. For me, the hardest thing was remembering the sequence.

Since I didn't finish today, I decided I'd do the Bear tomorrow night. Let's hope it works out!

No comments: