Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD


I took this from Stef's blog. You have to be a real CrossFit nerd to get this. ha ha!

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
Random stretching

WOD: Fight Gone Bad
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 14#
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 45#
Box Jump, 20" box
Push-press 45#
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Joanne's Final Tally - 182

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I hate Fight Gone Bad. There's just no way to like it. I can't stand it. My reps were lower compared to the last time I did this. Last time I did a 12" box jump compared to today's 20" box (Eric tricked me! Wrong, I tell you!) and RX'd the weight at 55#. However, after Monday's WOD, my arms are simply shot. Everything feels heavy. Even carrying a cell phone hurts. So to do 45# was an all out effort on my part. I can't stand the sumo deadlift high pull because if you have a bust, it gets in the way if you're not extending your hips correctly. I get frustrated because I do the lift, and then bam, I get stuck, do the movement wrong and just slam the weight on the floor. My biggest CrossFit problem is that you can tell exactly what I'm thinking by the look on my face. It sucks and I feel sorry for anyone in my path when I'm working out. It's not that I hate you, it's that I hate the WOD!

Anyway, my arms are still sore as hell. They're so fuckin' sore that I can't reach to unhook my bra to take a damn shower. Bleh! Yeah. This is where a boyfriend comes in handy, huh? Buy me flowers. Hold my purse. Unhook my bra. Now leave. ha ha! Since we're on the subject, I'm still trying to figure out what "athletic boobs" are. Hey Margaret, care to explain?

Yes. It's late. I'm giddy. Maybe I need to check the blood sugars.

No comments: