Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD


Here's a video of today's WOD. This is the event that put Jason Khalipa over the edge and got him top honors at the CrossFit Games.

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles
set-up for the squat clean and jerk

WOD
Complete 30 squat clean and jerks for time. 63#

Rules for doing the workout as prescribed: If you catch in a power clean, you must squat to hip slightly below knee for depth to count. You may press, push press, jerk or thruster the weight overhead. Don't be shy about dropping down the weight in this workout. This workout was the final event for the 2008 Crossfit Games. Ask any of the One Worlders that gave this one a shot at the Games, it will kick your ass!

Joanne's Final Time - 15+ minutes

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I still have a lot to work on with respect to this movement. Once I nail the motion, I can start lifting a little heavier weight. The split jerk movement was a lot easier for me to get. It's the clean that gets me. I still have issues incorporating the shrug. In fact, I pull out the shoulders a little too early. I can feel the mistake coming along and I slammed the weight on the floor several times because of it. Eric and Jolie coached me through the WOD. It's great to see Jolie back at One World. I've seen her there in the later hours getting her workouts in. Any advice you can get from a number of trainers is always appreciated:)

No comments: