Monday, February 23, 2009

(temporarily) out of commission.

You have to be a real lazy ass if you're going to take the escalator. This is every CrossFitter's nightmare and every globo-gym's fantasy. Okay. I shouldn't talk. I have a membership to globo-gym (um. not this one). For me, it's inexpensive yoga and spin. I'm sticking to that story.

On Friday I felt a little itch in my throat. Since I had to go to work, I nursed it as best as I could with water, vitamin C, and a salt water gargle. The symptoms persisted on Saturday. But since I still had to work, I did the same thing. By Sunday the cold came on full-blown, complete with a stuffy nose, itchy throat, cough, and a really hoarse voice. Bleh. Today I decided to rest some more. However, I did have to run some standard errands like laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, etc. But I'm finally catching some rest again.

For the record, I'm not big on cold medicine. As someone who doesn't get sick very often, I take sickness as fate's way of telling you to slow down and take care of yourself. To combat a cold, I go old school and fuel up on water, vitamin C, chicken soup (the Anglo and non-Anglo versions of the stuff), and hot tea. At best, I take echinacea and some zicam. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've nursed a cold, so I forgot about the zicam and just started taking it today. I may be defeating the purpose, but I'll say it's helped a bit. I think I'll be up and running in CrossFit by tomorrow night. Wa-hoo. For now, it's rest, hydration, and desperately trying to find something interesting about the tired old movies I've been watching (cuz I have no cable).

I think I'm developing a temporary crush on Rick Fox. I think it's the height. and the curly hair. and the dimples. Blame it on the cold. and these damn Tyler Perry films. I swear. Tyler Perry makes men look so damn good 'cuz his characters actually pursue women! Where the hell are these amazing brothas anyway?! Send one my way, will you?!

No comments: