Monday, April 27, 2009

island style!

I've been out of commission because I was in Hawai`i for a conference. I knew Bradass was also there at the same time vacationing with the lovely Carmela. What I didn't expect was to run into him. But here we are trotting around Hawai`i representing One World. Whaaat?!

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD

Deadlift 3/3/3/3/3

Joanne's Final Weight - 125/145/175/195/215

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I'm not a big fan of deadlifts. My max before tonight was 180# and that was a total struggle. To have a new PR on the deadlift was great! I'm also proud because Lisette, Shannon and I did it without much coaching. Cheryl T. helped us through our warm-up and I found her advice really helpful. I have to work on maintaining the lumbar curve and keeping everything nice and tight.

Big kudos to Lisette who graduated to the red bumpers and even made it to the holiday weights. Holla! And of course, there's little Shannon who I insisted do 255#. She did awesome! So proud of my gals!

Finally, a warm welcome back to Chris S. and Rita B. They've been living in Washington for the past few months but are back and here to stay. Yea!

No comments: