Monday, May 18, 2009

j-ro from the jungle...

I'm sure it's wrong. All sorts of wrong to refer to myself as "j-ro from the jungle." But this is my blog and I can write whatever I want. Besides, the jungle reference is simply meant to be funny. If you haven't already guessed, political correctness isn't one of the finer points at One World. Deal with it...

This photo was taken today. I'd like to thank the lovely Shannon for taking it on the ONE day I forget my camera! In case you're wondering, the photo is of a love letter from Freddy to me, as written in the white board. ha ha!

Warm-up
5 minute row
prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Front Squat 3/3/3/3/3

Joanne's Final Weight - 103 / 113 / 123 / 133 (fail; I did 2 + 1 on this) /133

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I'm getting more and more accustomed to liking the heavy lifting days. The front squat is the one squat lift that I'm not too fond of. The most I've ever done on a front squat is 83#, so to start the WOD at 103# was fantastic! I think I did fine until I hit 133. The lift was fine, but the bar kept slipping. This is because I don't keep the elbows far enough. It's a flexibility issue for me. Oh well... I'm happy with how I did.

No comments: