Thursday, May 28, 2009

luv is in the air!

One of the many reasons why I will suffer the agony of burpees, box jumps, snatches, and the like are because of the fabulous people at One World. Here we are in one of our many luv fests. From left to right we are: Shannon (doing her cutsie pose), John W. (assuming the CFit hubby pose), me (sharing some John W. luv), Anna (trying not to get caught in the rubber bands), and Alex (who just wanted to hold John W.'s hands). If I knew everyone was going to do a pretty smile, I would have opted out of the kissy face. ha ha!

Warm-up
Run 800 meters (slowly)
knee pulls
lunge steps
toe touches
leg stretches
dowel work

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete 100 burpees for time.

Joanne's Final Time - 15:38

And then.... walk 800 meters and stretch!

Notes (to myself) about this workout: The last time I did this WOD was July 2008. My final time was 18:42. I was happy to shave off three minutes from my previous time. Back in August, my goal was doing around five in a row in one minute increments. I may have started at a higher rep and then went down to make the under twenty minute mark. This time around, I started with seven burpees in a row per minute. I like this strategy because then you're working toward the rest. The faster you go, the longer rest you get. I started at sets of seven. After the fifth round, I went down to five and then back up to six. I varied between five and (mostly) six until I hit 100. This is how I shaved off three minutes. Another plus is that I actually hit the 6" mark after the burpee. I usually panty out of the jump because it's just too much effort. Next time I do this, I'm sticking to seven per minute and will push to maintain that past the fifth minute.

Burpees are the freakin' worst. I will say that today wasn't quite so bad. I'm learning to appreciate doing the stuff I can't stand or suck really bad it. It's just good for the personal growth. Right now my inner thighs are burning and I need a break!

No comments: