Sunday, May 31, 2009

out and about


I stole this photo from Anna's facebook. Sue me. fathlete confession: I love chillin' with the One World folks - especially when we cross over and hang with the Krav and BJJ peeps. It's always tons of fun! 

Last night we headed over to the VooDoo Lounge because the BJJ guys were celebrating some birthdays and blue belts. Earlier in the day, One World hosted an affiliate throwdown. I had the day off and was glad to be able to go. It was fun to see how big our CrossFit family is. To do that and then celebrate outside our gym clothes was awesome!

Warm-up
Row for wattage
box jump practice (I still haven't passed the red box)
stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: Front Squat
5/3/3/2/1/1/1

95/115/125/135/140/145/150 (fail)

And then... handstand work. (I held my handstand for 19 seconds.)

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
My max on the front squat was 133#. Since I was out til about 3am and the class is at 9am, I was less than ideal to do this WOD. (I knew I was less than ideal because I just couldn't get past the red box during the warm-up - and this is with Jason K. assisting me on the higher box jump!) I am happy that I beat my max. Right now, I'm going to forget that I failed at the 150# attempt. ha ha!

After the WOD we did handstands. fathlete confession: I accidently kicked Jason K. in the face. He and Tia were helping me get up for the handstand. I guess I didn't give him fair warning because I accidently clocked his mouth with my foot.... and his lip was bleeding. I still feel terrible about the whole thing. Big kudos to Jason K. for being a good sport.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking hot hot hot girl!!!

Luvs ya!
Settie

j-ro said...

Thanks girl. That top of yours was totally hawt! And the red shoes? Smokin'!