Wednesday, June 03, 2009

the obscene 7:15

In the photo is Rita (wearing the hat) and Bobbi during the NorCal CrossFit regionals. Bobbi is an occasional member of the obscene 7:15 crew. Though Rita doesn't really work out when we do, she's a bona fide member of the club. If you haven't figured it out already, a true One World CrossFitter must have a dirty sense of humor. It comes with the post-WOD beer. Case in point...

1) On occasion (actually, it's more often than not) Rita is notorious for grabbing one or both of my girls. She has thing for boobs and for some reason, finds mine appealing. fathlete confession: I'm not one to deny a sista of her fantasy, so I let her grab away. (Guys, don't even think about it!) What makes this acceptable? I pretend that we're on that TV show Will & Grace. I'm Karen and Rita plays Jack (my gay BFF). It makes the grabbing that much funnier! 

2) Today while we were doing squats against the wall, Jason K. keenly observed that it looked like I was rubbing certain body parts against the wall. Note: this was not intentional. I happen to have a good squat and am very proud of that. Should my wall squats be misconstrued as something else, that's your dirty mind, not mine. fathlete  confession: Witnessing Jason K.'s dirty sense of humor just warms my heart because I didn't think he had it in him. Boy was I wrong.

3) Rita suggested that I dress up as a playboy bunny for Halloween this year. (That's quite a jump considering I dressed up as Ugly Betty last year.) Apparently, my girls fit the bill for the costume. fathlete confession: Oh Rita. This is why I *heart* you. Though the idea of me in a playboy bunny outfit is in my opinion, completely horrific, I'm glad you think it's a good idea (even if you have to lie to me).

All in all, my CrossFit family makes me feel sexy. Sometimes a little naughty. And I like exercising the right to feel as such. (Yes, even when I'm uber sweaty and feel gross and stinky.) Heh! xoxo!

Warm-up
walking lunge steps
lower body stretching
wall squats
upper body stretching
prep for the WOD


CrossFit One World WOD
Complete five rounds for time of:
5 push jerks 63# (according to the board, I lifted 83#, but after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I did 63#)
10 push ups (on knees)
20 squats

Joanne's Final Time - 9:10

Notes (to myself) about this workout: As promised, all classes taught by Jason K. will start with kudos.
Kudos Jason K.! Moving on...

Tonight I learned that I just need to push it. Yes. Just like the Salt n Pepa song says. I need to push it. In retrospect, I should have done 73# or maybe even 83#. My lack of soreness tonight tells me it would have been okay to do so. I watch a lot of CrossFitters - especially the newbies - reach this point where the limits are endless because they just let themselves go and give all they can to the WOD.

I'm not there yet.

It's not that I can't do it. I just have a hard time gaging what my limit is. Okay. It doesn't help that I bitch and moan to no end and refuse to let the coaches determine my limit. For the record, I'll try my best to stop the bitching and moaning. 
fathlete confession: 
I'll admit that I'm also afraid of falling on my ass. Plain and simple. But I need to get out of my head and out of the current funk I've been in. I just need to commit. and push it.

No comments: