Monday, June 29, 2009

perfection


If I could have a moment in my everyday life where I could dip my feet in ocean water like this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
Stretching
Dreading this WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Set the one minute buzzer. You will work for twenty minutes. At the top of each minute, you will perform five burpees (six inch jump) and then as many thrusters as you can get done before the minute expires. Post number of thrusters and weight used to comments.

Joanne's Final Results - 32 thrusters at 53#

Notes (to myself) about this workout: When I read what the WOD was last night, I wanted to kill Freddy. I still want to kill Freddy because apparently, he didn't even do this WOD. BASTARD! Anyway...

Going in, I tried to figure out how to strategize. I knew I couldn't do a 65# thruster for something like this, so I was hoping to range between 45# and 55#. I settled for 53#. I also told myself to aim for thee thrusters per round and use the rest of the time for a breather.

The thrusters weren't so bad. It was the burpees that killed me. I hate burpees. I really do. I really really hate burpees. On a good note, I'm proud to say my burpees were as legit as they could have been - complete with the push-ups and a jump. As the rounds went on, it took me longer and longer to complete the burpees, so I ended up doing three, two, one, and zero thrusters. I'm sad that my thruster count was low. However, there was just no way to strategize otherwise for this.

I don't ever want to do this WOD again. Anything where I have to do 100 burpees should be banned. Really. It should.

No comments: