Monday, June 01, 2009

this is why he's so Bradass!

Here is Bradass leading the way for Team One World on Saturday. As part of their WOD, they had to carry 100# bags for 800 meters (that's half a mile, y'all!). I gotta say that Bradass represents the 50+ club very well! Yes, big kudos to Chong (also in this photo) and Will B. for rocking it out in their heat! (Photo courtesy of Kevin via the One World Flickr site.)

Warm-up
5 minute row
prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete five rounds for time of:
5 deadlifts 143#
20 back extensions

Joanne's Final Time - 10:33

And then... run 1.1 miles

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was a good WOD. Again, I teeter between pushing myself with the weight and trying to get a decent time. I was going to do 153# for the deadlift, but I dropped it by 10#. In retrospect, I probably should have just kept the 153#. Thing is, I'm just not so sure how good my deadlift form is. Anyway....

I really need to work on the GHD machine. I suck at them. They're a great tool and I think I'll take Freddy's suggestion on doing a little bit of it every day after class. If I'm chillin' out with folks, I may as well do it by developing a skill and working my abs, right? Besides, I'd have to say that overall, I like my body. But if there was one area I'd like to improve, it's my abs. So GDH, here I come!

No comments: