Monday, July 06, 2009

celebrating 70

*photo courtesy of Norbert Tydingco

This is my auntie Monina (left) and my mom (right) when my siblings and I threw my mom her 70th bday bash. It was a very low-key event that happened at my bro's house. In usual Rondilla-style gatherings (hence why we don't throw too many of these), there was way too much food. Um, if anyone is hungry this week, give me a call and I'd be more than happy to feed you!

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
Back Squat Challenge:
10 - 45# back squats
5 - 75# back squats
3 - 95# back squats
20 - 100# back squats

Work on the squat cleans
30 - 53# squat cleans

Joanne's Final Time - N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Okay. I know it's a rest day, but it's no excuse for me to be lazy. Seriously. I just wanted to declare that on a Monday.

As I've said before, the back squat challenge gets harder and harder. I'm panting more and more. It sucks. ha ha! However, I'm glad I made it through the 100# mark. Let's how Thursday treats me.

It was with greatest intention that I was going to do the Badger WOD. But I wimped out. Bleh. I'll make it up. I promise. Instead of the Badger WOD, I decided to work on some squat cleans. It's weird because I can do 53# and it seems easy (until I have to do thirty of them). But get that weight up to 65#? I'm at a minor loss. I can do the 65# (my max on this lift is 93#), but after the third rep I'm winded. If I was in a better mindset, I should have just stuck with practicing the 65#. Better luck next time....

No comments: