Thursday, July 09, 2009

Let the CrossFit games begin!

The CrossFit games are happening tomorrow, starting with the affiliate challenge. It's going to be intense! I lifted this photo from the Australia-Asia qualifiers. Can you imagine having to run up that hill in the sand?! Crazy! I'm sending out some big love and good luck to the One World team. You guys are going to do great!

Warm-up
Back Squat Challenge
10 - 45# back squats
5 - 75# back squats
3 - 95# back squats
20 - 105# back squats

Run 800 meters
Stretching
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete seven rounds for time of:
10 jumping pull-ups
10 kettlebell swings 35#

Joanne's Final Time - 9:16

50 GHD sit-ups

Notes (to myself) about this workout: The back squat challenge is insanely hard. I did 105# and though I went through it, it seems that I'm not keeping my body tight enough. I may need a spotter or something just to check my form from here on out. Yes, it's that tough now.

The WOD wasn't so bad. I do need to push my pull-ups a bit more. I did some pull-up work at the end and I was surprised that I could actually hang on the bar and swing a little bit. It's baby steps, but better than I was before.

Yes, I still love the kettlebell swing!

No comments: