Thursday, August 27, 2009

bad girl!

A while back I had a doughnut craving. This is what happens when this fathlete has a doughnut craving... two stores and six doughnuts later. Apparently, chocolate French crullers are the hardest freakin' doughnut to find! When I finally found one, it was the LAST one! To add insult to injury, it wasn't even that good. Bleh. FYI - I didn't eat ALL these doughnuts. I gave the rest to my sister and her family. This is exactly why I'd be a failed paleo dieter. I'm trying to make some transitions. For example, I'm slowly transitioning into non dairy. I'm trying to fight the baked goods. The goods are winning, but I'm trying too fight the good fight...

A few weeks ago I mentioned a Time magazine article and the hoo-ha surrounding it. Big thanks to Margaret for sending me this article from the SF Chronicle. It's another rebuttal to Time.

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

CrossFit One World WOD
Rest day. Worked on overhead squats with my new wrist straps. Helped Settie and Eric with the "Death by Ten Meters" WOD. I ended the night with some pull-up work.

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was a rest day, so I decided to take it light. I still suck at the overhead squats, but I can see how the straps are helpful. They're brand spankin' new and I give big thanks to Raz for ordering them for me. I learned the hard way that I need to wash then first because they have a funky "brand new" smell to them. It's like gross glue or something. Anyway...

Earlier this year I was hoping to get a kipping pull-up by the end of the calendar year. I may have to switch that to the end of the school year to buy me some time. It's a really tough movement for me and I hate them so much that I just don't work on them. I've decided to work on the kipping pull-up in three phases: the hang, the swing, the pull. Right now I'm at the hang. Hanging from the bar is just f--kin' uncomfortable. Settie timed how long I could hang for. My max was 28 seconds. It doesn't seem like a lot, but you're talkin' to a gal who could barely hold on for three seconds a few months ago. Once I can hang for a whole three 1-minute rounds (semi) comfortably, I'll move on to the swing. When I can get three sets of ten swings, I'll move on to the pull. From there, I'll work on the other kinks that go with the kipping pull-up. Again, it will take time. I swear I'm gonna get that damn b--ch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, J-Ro, I have had those kinds of days!! I feel you, girl.....

Mary the Evil Twin