Thursday, October 08, 2009

confession

Aaaaand this is the post where I confess my love for Journey simply because I adore lead singer Arnel Pineda. This past Monday they were on Oprah, where the theme was "Don't Stop Believing." In the interview, they mention a few key things: Journey just released a concert DVD called Live In Manila. It's available now at Wal-Mart. More importantly, sometime next year a documentary about Arnel Pineda will be released called Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey. It's going to be directed by Ramona Diaz, who directed Imelda: Power. Myth. Illusion. and Spirits Rising. Ramona Diaz is a totally badass filmmaker. Back to Journey.... fathlete confession: Arnel's singing makes me cry. In a good way. My heart swells with pride at the sight of him sitting next to Oprah!

Okay. I will not further indulge in my obsession. Instead, I'll just share some you tube videos. Enjoy!

Don't Stop Believing Part 1


Don't Stop Believing Part 2


Warm-up
Eric's crazy running, sprawls, jumping jacks, burpee, warm-up.

CrossFit One World WOD: Tabata Something Else
A tabata round is 20 seconds of work and ten seconds of rest. You will perform 32 total rounds where the first eight rounds are pull-ups, the next eight are push-ups, the next eight are Abmat sit-ups, and the last eight are squats. Your final score is total reps for all 32 rounds.

Joanne's Final Score - 300 (like the movie!)

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I don't know that the breakdown was by exercise. I do know that I'm going to pay for this WOD tomorrow morning. My butt hurts from all those damn squats! Don't ask me how I got 300 reps. I wish I knew, but I don't.

No comments: