Thursday, November 12, 2009

dinner

Everyday, I tell myself that I'm going primal. Every night, I tell myself that I'm going to give it another try. It's quite sad. To make myself feel better, I tell myself that I'm making small progress each day. For example, I can't remember the last time I've had a red velvet cupcake. I'm also better at making sure I have a fruit and veggie at every meal. The photo above is what I've been eating for dinner these past few days (plus a piece of fruit). On the right is a salad with cilantro dressing from Trader Joe's. On the left is korean BBQ beef, roasted mushrooms, and garlic Japanese yams. (Yes. I made it myself.) In order for me to go primal (or semi primal), I need to take baby steps. My current focus is a fruit and veggie at every meal and I'm trying to cut the rice and bread. When I conquer that, I'll move on to my next primal goals.

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Snatch 3/3/3/3/3

Joanne's Final Weight - 35/40/45/50/55/60 plus three failed single attempts at 65#

Notes (to myself) about this workout: We basically did a snatch clinic. BIG THANKS to Eric G. for helping us (Lori, Bobbi, and I) for running is through the WOD. The snatch is a weird lift and it's my least favorite one because I always forget the technique. We decided that next Thursday on our rest day we would work on the snatch again.

I like lifting days. I wish I went to more of them. Also, I can't wati until my shoes come in. They're supposed to be in soon!

3 comments:

Gladys said...

recipe for the korean bbq beef please! hugs and good luck on the baby steps -- you're doing great and way ahead of me, although this morning i didn't have any grains with my breakfast sausage and eggs, woohoo!

j-ro said...

Thanks Gladys. As for the Korean BBQ, no recipe to give up. I just go to the nearest Asian grocery store (you know, the one around the corner) and pick up a bottle of marinade from there. I find that when it comes to those marinades, less is more. A bottle of marinade will last a while. Oh, and make sure it's Korean, with Korean writing, and a brand that you don't normally hear about. That's how you know it's good. ha ha!

Gladys said...

lol! that's what my mom used to do when she made korean bbq! (she doesn't make it anymore, alas.)