Tuesday, November 24, 2009

more growing pains

This picture was taken with my cousin Judy when we did Carlos Celdran's Intramuros tour (followed by lunch at La Cocina de Tita Moning and Celdran's Imelda Marcos tour. Such a fun day!) The Philippines has been on my mind a lot lately. Between the destructive typhoons, the election massacre, and of course, the recent Pacquiao fight, I've been reflecting on my trip last year. I can't believe it will be almost two years since I've been to the Philippines. It seems like yesterday that I was there anxiously waiting to come back to California, vowing to think twice before returning. And now I miss it. I hope to be back in the next two to three years for research and vacation. When I go back I hope to do some of the more fun things like go to Bohol or something. For now, I'm sending prayers to those who lost loved ones in the massacre.

Also, last Thursday I did a lecture at SF City College. I'd like to give great big KUDOS to the folks there. It was amazing. The students did some performances for me and presented me with gifts and such. It was truly a blessing. Thanks!

Before I get to the getting, I'd like to thank my friend Raf for posting this article about The Biggest Loser and long term weight loss.

Okay, on to the CrossFit news.... You had to know that the Greyskull article was just the beginning of the CrossFit growing pains. Apparently, things at this weekend's Blackbox Summit came to a head. I wasn't there, so I have no desire to give you a synopsis. I do know that nutrition expert Robb Wolf was let go. (Yes. As in if you were one of the people who signed up for a nutrition seminar, don't count on Robb to be there.) If you want more about the fiasco, you can check out Robb's take here. Robb also posts Russell Berger's take here. Finally, you can find Greg Everrett's take here.

Freddy announced that he resigned from the CrossFit HQ team. A lot of people want to make a dramatic scene over this one. They also want to assume that what happened at the Black Box Summit was related to Freddy's decision. However, I respect his wishes and am glad that he's going full tilt boogie in the One World programming. If you want to know why Freddy quit, he explains it right here. Freddy also shares his take on the Black Box Summit here. Enjoy!

Finally, I warn you that you shouldn't watch this video unless you have a sense of humor. Again, enjoy!


Warm-up
Rowing intervals.
Prep for the WOD.

CrossFit One World WOD
Get a max weight thruster.

Joanne's Final Weight - 103#

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I really need more work on Oly lifting. I think I tweaked my right shoulder last week and I felt it tonight. Oh well...

No comments: