Monday, November 02, 2009

a message from lady fate

I stole this from Andy, my cousin's husband. Andy is an amazing cook and a total foodie. On a recent vacation to New York, what photos did he post? Food of course! This was taken outside Rice to Riches. Andy cracks me up because whenever we have family gatherings and he's cooking up a storm, he sports his "Never Trust a Skinny Chef" apron. Funny thing is, Andy is a total rail with an appetite. For that, I DESPISE YOU ANDY! Now go make me some loh mai fan. Thanks! ha ha!

In other news, I just wanted to send some KUDOS to the folks at Heroes Martial Arts in San Jose. They hosted a seminar for the typhoon victims in the Philippines. Nice Job! Here's a video I lifted from the One World site. Enjoy watching it!

Warm-up
some jump roping
some running
some rowing

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete five rounds for time of:
200m run
15 sumo deadlift high pulls 45#
15 overhead squats 45#

Joanne's Final Time - 22:06

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was a killer WOD! I think I could have done it rx'd (55#), but I wasn't confident in my OH squat form, so I lowered it down a notch. Glad I did. Yeah. I'd do this WOD again.

No comments: